BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 30, 2012

Safe Hair


Peace

I mentioned this last month, but more has transpired.... I went to court last month and was attacked because of my headwrap. I wear it ALL the time when I leave the house. When I go into certain venues, I wear like a Muslim in order to keep people from making assumptions that don’t work for me. i.e. Most folks in Atlanta never heard of 5%ers or the Nation of Gods and Earths. I’m not trying to educate folks when I have business to conduct and I don’t need key people thinking I’m a cult supporting crackpot. Folks can think I’m a Muslim all they want.

I assumed that because I was portraying myself as a religious person (my nation is not religious so I was lying without speaking, and I’m OK with that), folks would not religiously persecute me by forcing me to remove my head covering. I was wrong. The Atlanta court system violated my right to religious expression and forcibly removed my head wrap.

This morning I had to go back. I could do 1 of 3 things…. I could go in there and demand that they acquiesce to my needs. I could compromise my values and allow Yakub’s world manifest to rule the day. Or I could make a compromise that satisfies both parties…..

A Hairnet! It allows me to maintain my 3/4ths and keeps me out of jail.


http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/muslim-womans-headscarf-incident-776839.html

These people here do not play. Especially if you’re Original. I was herded like cattle and reprimanded because I was required to appear to defend myself against an accident that wasn’t my fault. My question is why? A head wrap ain’t that serious. They don’t go wig snatching in court rooms. If I could hide something in my head wrap, I could hide it under a wig or a big weave. So the thinking is flawed. If you check the above links, one says that they were to be sued for their discriminatory policies. And it is discriminatory.

So to my righteous sisters, if you want to maintain your modesty in court and for some reason can’t rock a wig because you locs are too long, wear a headwrap that matches the color of your hair.


Peace

4 comments:

SupremeVictoryAllah said...

Peace Earth,

That's some real live bullshit that you went through word is bond! That being said, it speaks to the need for us to be swift and changeable in Yacub's World Manifest. We live on the zag which is the now, or real time. As such, we can't lose time searching for that which does not exist in terms of thinking our cultural worldview & it's outward manifestation won't be met with such resistance. We can't expect the devil to be anything but his ownself. I'm all for preserving the best parts of our cultural traditions & customs. However, it's imperative that, as neeeded, we be able to move in a fine mist. Speaking for myself, I'm not one to hide what I deal with. It is what it is. By that same token it's neither all wise nor right & exact for me to broadcast the fact that I'm God so I don't. It's not necessary. What is necessary is the duty of the civilized. All praise is due to you for approaching the situation mathematically and calculating your way to the most sensible solution to the problem. We more than likely won't live to see the hereafter when he's taken off the planet so we have to be able to co-exist with him...

Peace.
Preme

#AtlantisBuild said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
#AtlantisBuild said...

Peace Queen,

Thanks for making us aware of your experience. I wrote an Article recently exploring this Topic of Clashes of Culture titled "None Dare Call It Conspiracy?": http://atlantisschool.blogspot.com/2012/01/frankenstein-mob-none-dare-call-it.html

I would definately pursue it further and not accept this violation of Civil Rights. Even though it happened to you personally, this probably did/will continue to happen to other Gods/Earths in your City and in other Regions. In 1999 I was met with some resistance of using The Common Law Usage Method (in accordance with the Civil Laws & Statues of NYS) of legally changing my Name. I did not accept otherwise and eventually legally changed my Name. I didn't stop with myself b.u.t. I've helped many others legally change their Name (most recently 1/18/12) and I also published a Book (How To Change Your Name Without A Lawyer)to make this Information available to anyone who may/will face the same challenges I did.

I know it will take some work and personal sacrifice, yet I think this situation is a great opportunity for you to set a Cultural 'Precedence' in regards to how the Dominant Society legally treats Earth Attire (Civil Rights). This will also allow you to expand your reach to help other Earths address these challenges to our Cultural Identity.

Peace,
Saladin

Flying Mermaid said...

MY head's just blowing off hearing this shit! I know that can't be legal!