BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas....

Peace.

It's the holiday season for most folks. It isn't for me, though. But somehow I think you knew that. Gods and Earths don't celebrate Christmas.... or we shouldn't. I get the xmas has 2 sides: the religious side and the secular side. We aren't religious people but the secular side is no less religious. You just exchange Jesus for Santa Claus. Santa has a back story and there are practices. How is it different from Jesus? That being said.... I stopped celebrating Christmas long before I went under instruction...

My mother and I have issues.... But she always got the gift giving holidays right. Birthdays and xmas were awesome in our house. I was very lucky to have parents who had their finances in order. Except for when I asked for a Walkman... that cost $700 back then.... I always got whatever I asked for. Lucky little girl I was!. Mommie was good about keeping her secrets so you really didn't know what was happening until it did. One xmas, she was in the hospital and still managed to pull off wrapped gifts, breakfast and everything!

B.U.T..... As I got older, xmas fell off. Xmas is really time for children. At least that's how it's always been for me. I was the youngest and once I was too old for the childish celebration, it stopped entirely. My mother would decorate the window instead of putting up a tree. And she would return a gift if you didn't buy her one of equal or greater value. We didn't even share a meal as a family anymore. Christmas is for kids. My 1st xmas of being a wife, my husband and I put up an elaborate tree. I bought a ton of presents to make xmas morning exciting. He bought 1 gift. It wasn't exciting to me. Again, I was slapped in the face with the fact that xmas was for kids. My late husband did buy me a nice and expensive gift but it wasn't his nature to do up the holidays or birthdays like my biological family. We got into the habit of travelling on xmas so there was no need to decorate.

After H1 died... I still remained a dutiful christian for a few more years. I only put a tree up once. I had a xmas party so you need a tree for that and a man I was dating decided to give me a real tree after I told him I never had one before. It was kinda cool... until my cat peed on it. That year I had 2 1/2 trees and only 2 gifts for me under any of them. This is not my idea of xmas so I gave it up. I knew I probably wasn't ever going to have children so I'm not going through the effort.

Now that I'm a righteous, true and living Earth.... I hardly think of xmas. I don't celebrate it. I would love to work through it and get paid time in a half! The God and I literally stay in bed all day and eat Chinese food for dinner. The only gift I buy is for my mother. So she doesn't tell folks her heathen daughter doesn't love her. She sells that shit really well because I don't go to church with her... and I'm not. That's xmas for me. New years looks pretty much the same... I don't stay up anymore. I love being this age. The age of "I really don't give AF!"



Peace




I earned my flag on Christmas Day in 2009!

0 comments: