BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving

Peace.

I celebrate Thanksgiving. I fix a big vegetarian meal with far too many starches and a ton of desserts, I assemble some friends (because my family ain't shit when it comes to Thanksgiving) and we EAT! I know a lot of G's And E's stand with the indigenous people of this wilderness and fast. Well...... I don't see it like that.

When I 1st went under instruction, I found it interesting in the Student Enrollment, that when numbering the Original people in the US, they added the Native Americans separate. Hmmmm..... Are they not our brothers and sisters in the struggle? Did not the devil do devilshment to them as well? Should we not be ALL counted as one?

HELL NO!

I don't hate Native Americans... perse'. What I have for them is nothing. Feelings of concern have been counteracted by feelings of animosity. him/devil has shit all over Native Americans... giving them diseases, out right exterminating them, stealing their land, putting them on reservations.... that should earn my sympathy. And it would. If the Native Americans hadn't shown and proven themselves to be hypocrites.

Native Americans held African slaves. For reals. They treated their slaves the same way white people treated slaves. When slavery ended in the US... the Native people kept their slaves since they were considered separate country within a country. When the developed their treaty with the US that would absorb them into society proper, yes they freed their Black slaves but refused to let them be included in the concessions the US government was giving Natives. I suppose they didn't want the Black folks to dilute their benefits. As if there wasn't enough to go around. We like education and healthcare. And if we were living on reservations.... Life would be LIT AF!

Fast forward to today... Native Americans refuse to let folks who have the appropriate DNA play in their reindeer games. What the fuck is the government giving them that they need to keep it so close??? I get them not wanting people to appropriate their culture, but when you keep it secret, you don't give folks the opportunity to care about your issues. But you can't hold folks responsible for caring about something they have no Knowledge of. As I look through civil rights footage, I don't necessarily see them. I know they were probably hiding in plain sight, but if you don't formally stand for the cause... and I mean stand with your body, money, time, children etc... just not standing in your living room and on the internet... then you didn't do shit. YET... they want us to care about their plight. If it wasn't for the Dakota pipeline issues, I would be unaware of their presence. Until they start protesting Thanksgiving. And this goes for all they different groups with their protests.... stop stealing Black folks ideas. Set your own precedence. We would like to be able to bite every now and then, rather than having to come up with fresh ideas all the time.

So yes, native people are Original people. Just because they're brown, don't make them kin...

Enjoy your Holiday.



PEACE!

0 comments: